Kelley Mullen, Director of Service Quality and Scheduling Services
The FPP Office of Clinical Operations provides a variety of services to departments and faculty in support of their day to day practices. These services are clustered around three main areas: ambulatory operations, scheduling and service quality.
Ambulatory Operations includes assistance for:
- Day to day operational issues in all WUSM clinical areas
- Planning new clinical sites
- Development and implementation of policies and procedures
- Maintaining and documenting clinical competencies
- Streamlining and developing best practices for front end processes
Scheduling includes working with areas using GE scheduling to:
- Developing new scheduling locations, departments, providers, and appointment types that provide schedule flexibility while minimizing complexity for schedulers
- Designing master schedules and templates that optimize provider efficiency and office flow
- Evaluating the use of schedules regarding bumped, cancelled, or no-showed appointments, appropriate use of slots, etc.
Service Quality focuses on:
- Monitoring patient satisfaction
- Providing education and training for customer service, telephone skills, etc.
- Managing patient and referring physician feedback to communicate compliments and coordinate service recovery efforts
- Communicating WUSM compliance with the approved Service Commitments
In addition, the Office of Clinical Operations serves as a liaison for the departments and faculty practices on operational and service quality issues with BJC hospitals, especially BJH, SLCH, and BJWCH.
Please visit our web site for additional resources at http://clinicaloperations.wusm.wustl.edu.