Our Star Performers
These Star Performers are making a difference in the lives of their patients and stand out as role models for physicians and staff.
Tenika Flowers, has been a Registered Medical Assistant III at the Gastrointestinal Center in the Center for Advanced Medicine since November 2014. Tenika believes that the best part of her job is interacting with patients and she strives every day to make them smile because “it may be the only one they see that day.” Tenika says she has a naturally outgoing personality so she tries to ease their nervousness and make each patient feel special. Her co-workers think Tenika is pretty special, too. Here are a few of their comments:
- “Tenika is the definition of enthusiasm, in that she is always eager, interested and fully-invested in her commitment to her role in caring for our patients. She treats our patients like family and her great attitude is infectious!”
- “Tenika is a great resource to her fellow employees. Always volunteering to help out, she has a glowing energy. As soon as I see her at the start of our clinic, she instantly makes me smile! I am so thrilled that she is part of our GI crew. I hope she sticks around for a very long time!”
- “I have been blessed to work with Tenika for almost two years and her level of dedication continues to make me want to be better in my role. I want to show my patients the same compassion and care that I see her providing. The GI Center is a better place because of her.”
Not only does Tenika make a huge impact on her patients but coworkers feel her infectious positive attitude, too. When not at work, Tenika likes to read and spend time with her family. Congratulations and thank you, Tenika, for making a difference in the lives of your co-workers, faculty and your patients in the GI Center!
Jianrong Yang is a certified medical assistant III in the Department of Otolaryngology. In her role as a clinical coordinator she works with patients every day. She prides herself on being a good listener and making sure that a patient’s concerns are taken care of promptly. Her co-workers recognize her talents as a great patient advocate and a dedicated team member. Here is what a few of them have to say:
- “I have been lucky to work with Jian as my medical assistant for the past 3 years. She works tirelessly with our patients to ensure their needs are met while demonstrating patience and compassion. She diligently supports and reassures our patients and during clinic at least one patient tells me how excellent she is at her job. She is full of positive energy.”
- “Jian is a manager’s dream come true. She is flexible, dependable, highly skilled and personable. She is well loved and valued by many and is definitely a star performer!”
- “Along with her undeniable talents, Jian is a great patient advocate, always willing to learn new skills, and an absolute joy to work with. She is a true diamond in our department!”
- “We are all a team and our strengths as individuals grow when we support one another and understand that each member is just as important as another. Jian is a shining example of this philosophy and I am proud and fortunate to be part of her team.”
Jian is quick to say that her entire department works very hard and that she is just the lucky one to be nominated for this award. In her free time, Jian loves to cook and frequently hosts dinner parties for her friends.
Congratulations, Jian, on being a Star Performer!