Board of Directors & Committees
The FPP is governed by a Board of Directors with 27 voting and 3 non-voting members, as follows:
- Clinical Department Heads (14)
- FPP CEO
- Faculty-at-Large Representatives (6)
- BJH President
- Basic Science Department Head
- SLCH President
- Head of Emergency Medicine
- BJC CEO
- Dean/Executive Vice Chancellor of Medical School
- FPP CMO (non-voting member)
- Director, Program of Physical Therapy (non-voting member)
- Director, Program of Occupational Therapy (non-voting member)
Clinical Practice Committee are heavily populated with faculty-at-large representation. The FPP has the following standing committees:
Clinical Practice Committee
David Holtzman, MD, Chair
The FPP Clinical Practice Committee is a standing committee of the FPP Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing the medical school’s clinical practice operations and strategic planning. The Clinical Practice Committee is charged with: 1) setting strategic direction for the school’s clinical enterprise, 2) developing clinical standards, policies and procedures, 3) implementing mechanisms for enhancing patient and referring physician satisfaction, and 4) optimizing clinical outcomes and the efficiency of care.
Ralph Dacey, M.D., Chair
The FPP Finance Committee is a standing committee of the FPP Board of Directors and is responsible for oversight of Practice Plan operating and capital budgets and development of compensation and productivity guidelines. The Finance Committee is charged with:
1) establishing standards and mechanisms for overseeing departmental clinical operations and performance
2) improving and documenting school-wide administrative expense control, and
3) maximizing the performance of patient financial services (billing and collections).
Professional Liability and Patient Safety Committee
Jim Crane, MD, Chair
The PLC was established as a sub-committee of the FPP Board of Directors to provide oversight of medical malpractice and patient safety issues. The committee reviews large settlements and judgments and develops new policies and procedures to improve WUSM’s risk management and patient safety programs.
Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Steering Committee
Jim Crane, MD and Richard Chole, MD, Co-Chairs
The EMR Steering Committee is a sub-committee of the FPP Board of Directors and is charged with providing overall direction for the EMR implementation effort and guidance for matters needing standardization across departmental implementations. It serves as a liaison to keep other stakeholders in the department informed about the EMR initiative and serves as a resource to the implementation teams to facilitate timely resolution of key functional and process issues.